There’s an expectation of an elaborate and romantic night when you think about Valentine’s Day, but sometimes it’s just as nice to stay in with the one you love. Nothing is better for your relationship than spending time alone together to really connect and communicate. I came up with a few ideas on how to make a Valentine’s night at home a little more fun.
- First things first, ditch the cell phones, your significant other deserves your full attention, and don’t you want his?
- The obvious is dinner, but both you and your partner cook each others meals. It shows that you pay attention and know what they like.
- Eat your meals picnic-style in the backyard or on the living room floor.
- If you’re creative, collaborate on a work of art.
- Turn your living room into a dance floor and put on some music.
- Rent a movie neither of you have ever seen.
- If you guys are a fit couple, try some partner workouts.
- Light some candles, and take a long sexy soak in the tub together.
- Look at old pictures of when you first met. Reminiscing can make you fall in love all over again.
- Bust out the wii remotes or a board game and enjoy some playful competition.
Even if you are going out to celebrate Valentine’s Day, these are all little ideas that can be used year round. Any night you two can get some alone time is important, and you should try to take full advantage of it.